Orijen - 6 Fish Dog Food - 11.4KG
Inspired by the rich diversity of fish indigenous to local waters of Canada, ORIJEN 6 FISH features unmatched inclusions of saltwater and freshwater fish that are caught-wild within our region and whisked to our kitchens as fresh and cold as the waters they came from.
FRESH PACIFIC PILCHARD, MACKEREL, HAKE, FLOUNDER, ROCKFISH AND SOLE
AN UNMATCHED DIVERSITY OF FRESH, WHOLE AND WILD-CAUGHT FISH FROM VANCOUVER ISLAND’S COLD PACIFIC WATERS.
- With 38% richly nourishing protein, and a limited 18% low-glycemic carbohydrates, ORIJEN SIX FISH nourishes dogs of all life stages according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Unmatched by any other dog food, 2/3 of ORJEN’s fish are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 6 fish ingredients.
- 1/3 of fish are gently dried at 90°C from fresh whole fish to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh fish alone.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh whole fish (including fish, organs, and cartilage) provide virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive – only zinc and copper are added.
- Infusions of freeze-dried cod liver enhance flavour naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for fussy eaters.
IS YOUR DOG'S FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™?
Dogs evolved as hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws and digestive system are all adapted for meat concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meats and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate™ foods mirror the natural diet and answer 3 meat questions:
- 85% FISH INCLUSIONS
- ORIJEN leads its class in premium fish inclusions.
- All from fish deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods.
- 2/3 of fish are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness.
- 1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
- A variety of fish in WholePrey™ ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements.
ONLY 2 SUPPLEMENTS — ZINC & COPPER
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so dogs and wolves derive their complete nutritional needs naturally, by consuming whole prey animals and fish. Made with fresh whole fish, ORIJEN SIX FISH provides a richly nourishing and concentrated source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive, naturally, without long lists of synthetic supplements, so only zinc and copper are added.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY
The gray wolf is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs. While years of breeding have produced hundreds of ‘different looking wolves’, the internal workings of wolves and dogs remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our 5 Biologically Appropriate™ principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meats and fish that dogs are evolved to eat.
RICH IN FISH (85%) AND PROTEIN (38%)
All dogs have sharp teeth and a body designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat and fish. ORIJEN is designed to nourish your dog according to his evolutionary and biological needs.
- 85% fish (2/3 fresh or raw and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 38% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of fish ingredients from fish deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- Our dried fish is prepared at 90°C from fresh whole fish deemed fit for human consumption to create a concentrated source of protein (not the industry standard of bones and trimmings)
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains
UNMATCHED FRESH FISH INCLUSIONS (2/3)
Fresh meats and fish are the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the fish are fresh or raw, supplying your dog with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of fish are dried and prepared at low temperature from fresh fish to create a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh fish alone
AN ABUNDANT VARIETY OF FISH (6)
In nature, dogs benefit from an assortment of meats. This variety is often lost in conventional dog foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient such as chicken or lamb that is highly processed and seldom fresh.
That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Six Fish features a rich diversity of fresh fish in Biologically Appropriate™ WholePrey™ ratios to nourish for peak health:
- Whole, Wild Pacific Pilchard from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, Wild Pacific Mackerel from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, Wild Pacific Hake from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, Wild Pacific Flounder from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, Wild Pacific Rockfish from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, Wild Pacific Sole from North Vancouver Island
WHOLEPREY™ MEAT RATIOS
Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole animals and fish to perfectly meet your dog’s needs. ORIJEN WholePrey™ ratios of fish, organs, and cartilage mirror nature, and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic ingredients, so only zinc and copper are added.
The WholePrey™ diet is a nutritional treasure:
- Fish – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your dog’s needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in natural form your dog’s body can easily absorb.
While dogs have no nutritional requirement for carbohydrates, conventional dog foods still contain large amounts of high-glycemic carbohydrates such as potato and tapioca, which are often cited as a leading cause of obesity and diabetes.
Biologically Appropriate™ ORIJEN Six Fish is a protein-rich and carbohydrate-limited food featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens and fruits which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.
WE BELIEVE THAT PET LOVERS WANT TO KNOW WHERE THEIR PET’S FOOD COMES FROM. SO WE FOCUS ON LOCAL INGREDIENTS RAISED BY PEOPLE WE TRUST, AND DELIVERED TO OUR KITCHENS FRESH EACH DAY.
That’s why our local ingredients are sustainably raised or fished within our region, approved ”fit for human consumption,” and then delivered to our kitchens authentically fresh each day. NO OTHER DOG FOOD CAN MATCH ORIJEN’S FRESH INGREDIENTS.
Fresh whole pacific pilchard (18%), fresh whole pacific mackerel (13%), fresh whole pacific hake (12%), fresh whole pacific flounder (5%), fresh whole rockfish (5%), fresh whole sole (5%), whole mackerel (dehydrated, 5%), whole herring (dehydrated, 5%), alaskan cod (dehydrated, 4.5%), whole sardine (dehydrated, 4.5%), whole blue whiting (dehydrated, 4%), herring oil (4%), whole red lentils, whole green lentils, whole green peas, lentil fiber, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, sunflower oil (cold-pressed), whole pinto beans, cod liver (freeze-dried), fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole zucchini, fresh whole parsnips, fresh carrots, fresh whole red delicious apples, fresh whole bartlett pears, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh beet greens, fresh turnip greens, brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, whole saskatoon berries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium.
ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Zinc chelate: 100 mg; Copper chelate: 11 mg.
Vitamin A, vitamin D3, vitamin E, niacin, riboﬂavin, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12, zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, selenium yeast.
- Crude protein (min.) 38 %
- Fat content (min.) 18 %
- Crude ash (max.) 8 %
- Crude fibers (max.) 5 %
- Moisture (max.) 12 %
- Calcium (min.) 1.5 %
- Phosphorus (min.) 1.1 %
- Omega-6 fatty acids (min.) 2.2 %
- Omega-3 fatty acids (min.) 2.2 %
- DHA (min.) 0.7 %
- EPA (min.) 0.5 %
- Glucosamine (min.) 1250 mg/kg
- Chondroitin sulfate (min.) 1000 mg/kg